Frequently asked questions related to assignments, progress reports, and other academic areas
Who are you accredited by?
Abeka Academy is accredited by the Florida Association of Christian Colleges and Schools and Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools Commissions on Elementary and Secondary Schools. For more details, see the Abeka Academy Accreditation page.
What if I need academic help?
You can call our academic department at 1-877-223-5226 to receive help with any academic questions.
Do research papers, book reports, or projects need to be sent to your office?
It is not necessary to send these assignments to our office.
What books are expected for a book report?
Any book that meets the length and category requirements and is acceptable to the home teacher may be used for a book report.
We’ve lost a test that is to be mailed in. What do we do?
Please contact our office.
Is there a schedule I can look at that suggests when and how to homeschool using the videos?
The video manual included with your enrollment will give you a complete day-by-day sample schedule. You’ll see preparation tips for you and your child and a simple plan to follow.
We use video lessons in our Christian school. Do you have an example schedule?
Yes, we have a sample schedule with timing suggestions for subjects in K–6th grade. See sample schedule.
General Academics Accredited Program
Important information about mailing in your student’s work
- Include all tests and exams for each progress report.
- Save postage. If it is a quiz or a project you grade, unless the progress report specifically asks for it, save it for your student's portfolio.
- Be sure all the math work is shown on the test paper or include the math work sheets.
- Required English compositions may be typed if they are longer than 500 words.
- Be sure to follow the progress report guidelines regarding the proper length for your student's book report books.
- The oral reading assignments in kindergarten through grade 6 should be the assigned pages noted on the progress report.
- Take some extra review time if you feel your student is not ready for a quiz or test. They may only take it once.
- Since kindergarten and elementary teachers are teaching cursive, your student will be expected to write in cursive.
- Help is available! Have questions about what to mail in or how your student is progressing? Does your student struggle with a particular concept? Help is just an e-mail, call, or chat away.
How will I know Abeka has gotten the work I’ve sent in?
All work is logged when we get it, and we’ll send you an e-mail letting you know it’s been received. We’ll call or e-mail you if we have questions about the work.
How do I get a copy of my child’s report card?
If you chose paper assessments, we'll automatically send you an official report card at the end of the grading period. To request another official copy, contact us. To see an unofficial version, go to your dashboard
If you chose digital assessments, request a report card on your dashboard at the end of the grading period.
Can you send transcripts to schools and colleges?
Yes! You can request a transcript be sent. Go to the student dashboard and select the student. Then go to “Request Documents” and click “Transcript.”
Please include a fax number so the recipient can receive it more quickly. Transcripts for high school students will include their cumulative GPA, starting with the first semester of 9th grade.
What is the student’s GPA and class rank?
GPA is available for students in grades 9–12 by contacting our office. Class
rank is determined for each graduating class. A class is composed of all
students who graduate between June 1 and May 31 of a school year. The class
rank is available at the end of June.
When can I reenroll my child?
You can start reenrollment at any time. The next grade will be shipped when the current year is at least 3/4 finished. (To reenroll, purchase the next grade from abeka.com. After that, you’ll finish the enrollment on your dashboard.)
When do you send graduating seniors’ diplomas?
Diplomas are mailed with the final report card. To avoid delays, make sure any DVDs are returned and your account is in order when you send in final work.